Sunday, March 6, 2016

Small Update!

I've been so busy lately and it has started to mess with my head. I don't have enough time to myself; the time I do have is spent going from one event to another. Have I mentioned that I'm not the most social person about? I'd rather spend my time reading, dancing, or playing some sort of video game. Or doing something relaxing with the hubs. It's wearing on me - and it's why I haven't posted in awhile.

Dance class is the one place that I actually enjoy myself on a weekly basis. Class has been great. In fact, I now am taking one of the pw/prelim classes, and am getting steps that I will eventually use in competition. I am in no means ready for a prelim competition - especially when it comes to hardshoe. My stamina is so poor BUT I do see progress on a monthly basis. Moves I haven't done in years are coming back to me - double clicks, treble sequences, even a toe move that I did eons ago. It's nice! Plus, I'm getting challenged. I absolutely love all the ladies in the adult class, and I will miss seeing them every week.

This time last year, I could barely make it through half of a reel step. I was always out of breath and generally out of shape. This year, I can feel my calf muscles when I point my toes. I can make it up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment without being winded (at all!). I've actually lost (and maintained) weight. 

There's so much more to say, but it is getting late. Have a good week!

Goals: Continue doing those calf raises, stretch 4x a week, eventually take 2 classes a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment